Saturday, August 16, 2008

Signs

You know I can't pass up a good sign right? Of course right. I think I just love signage? I notice they are in just about every room of the house? LOL Its kinda like chattin with ya... you know I'm there if you are just reading them:) So in my travels this morniing to a local hardware store, I was shopping for primer and paint.

:::I dont know how I ended up in the garden center SWEAR:::

But I did. I found this treasure for the deck. I found it "fittin", just "fittin". I truly woke up this morning (after a long and fitful night) just aching to do a TAWANDA on the guest washroom downstairs. I sat on the deck cuppa in hand trying to shake off the cobwebs and wondered wtf happened during the night. Walt said he woke me a few times crying about a dog, and I can only remember that I was sobbing. Anyway.... I digress... Our new humble abode hasnt be redressed since I KNOW the 1980's. Its full of wallpaper and 80ish colors, non of which match our last home. Now I am fully aware of the ALMIGHTY word, TIME. But, Some things are just bugging the crap out of me! So I said to myself, "What, Deargina, is in your control?" ( a swift self help move on my part) The washroom wallpaper!!! No kidding, I should take before and after shots. But its too hidious. I'll do afters.. So today I begin what Walt calls.. ::::Lipstick on a Pig::: treatment. Its where you really cannot afford with time nor money a full on gutting, so you choose to kiss it as much as possible. Now my handy dandy man is knee deep in his Thesis and wont come up for air, so I guess its all on me? I shall try, I hope its not another Lucy move on my part. I bought stripper, primer, paint, do dads... and this lovely sign...........(for the deck though) ( I just love the font on this one too) pppfffttt... theres that smurfy blue, please overlook that part.....

Wish me luck, hows YOUR Saturday?

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I hate doing home dec stuff. We painted the house when we moved in 10 years ago and it hasn't been touched since! It's the reason I painted everything a vanilla color - except for the spicy pumpkin color in our bedroom. Anyway, I digress, my Saturday is all about more tie dyeing! I think I might be done with tie dye for a while.

Anonymous said...

My Saturday was spent sitting in 100+ degree weather listening to live jazz. (Some of it played by DS.) Hot but wonderful!

Beware of wallpaper. I just re-did DS's room. The original contractors put wallpaper over texturized BUT unprimed, unsized walls! It took 5 days of 8+ hrs each to get that stuff off without taking everything down to bare wallboard. (It was worth it, tho.)

Best of luck on your project and LOVE your sign!

Christine Olson

Deborah Levy said...

Very COOL sign! Good luck with the washroom. I have those urges now then...I try to surpress them, but like you some just have to be addressed. I'd help ya if I was closer....

Anonymous said...

The sign is cool. We are renting at the moment and not allowed to paint. Luckily we signed the lease prior to the landlords painting upstairs. I was able to pick colors but downstairs is a creamy white... BORING and the carpet is tan...MORE BORING...oh well it isn't forever...but its been 3 years already.

Karen

Anonymous said...

I don't envy you the wallpaper job! In my previous life, I saw a lot of wallpaper go up and come down! Never fun. Love the sign, too. So true. We never know where life will take us, only that our Lord will carry us when we need Him to. You remain in my prayers that he is carrying you to a time of peace. Love ya!

Related Posts with Thumbnails